Friday, April 28, 2006


Click on any picture to biggify!
Afternoon Adventure
with Catie and Rosie - in our backyard.
The weather was picture perfect yesterday, 75 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Halie was at school.
Good day to shoo my younger daughters out the sliding doors and not worry about closing it behind them.
DH and I worked on the back windows of our house, and I ran to grab the camera when I realized that I had an opportunity to catch my daughters not fighting. More than just that: Catie actually paused to allow me to snap pictures of her as well. She normally runs for cover. I've modeled the fear of cameras, which has had no effect on Halie or Rosie, but Catie took it to heart. Until this afternoon, that is!

DH and I worked on tinting our back windows. Two sets of sliding glass doors: 8 feet x 6 feet EACH SET. One in the kitchen and one in the living room. Those, combined with my kitchen window, make up 85% of the back of our house, which faces the west directly. Very hot in the afternoon, even if it is only a 75 degree day. My kitchen is like an oven about the time I'm cooking and serving dinner. We're hoping to see a direct impact on our cooling bills this summer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grandma K said...

Cute pictures! Cutier girls. I wish you luck with the tenting. The west sun can be unbearable especially when it streams into a kitchen!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home