Sunday, May 21, 2006

The girls love to play hide and seek with their dad. Good for them, since I'm not a gal who plays games. *wink wink - nudge*
DH came home about five yesterday, I cooked some stir fry, we ate dinner as a family. I should say we laughed through dinner. Halie and Catie were in a playful mood. Rosie? Notsomuch. While I cuddled with Rosie on the couch, DH and the other girls played a rousing game of hide and seek. Each took turns being 'IT': Halie first, Catie next, then finally DH. I must applaud my daughters on their ability to camouflage themselves. Halie climbed into the toy box in Rosie's room, buried herself in the toys, leaving only a tiny square of her purple nightgown showing. My husband almost walked right past her! Catie pulled the big (woofer) speaker away from the wall in the living room and crouched behind it. Halie missed her the first time through!
Then there it was my husband's turn. Here's how it happened: DH hid in the hallway bathroom, the door closed and locked behind him. Meanwhile, back at the ranch: I was busy serving as the safety net for my toddler, who decided to express her circus monkey/mountain goat genetics: Rosie swiftly climbed onto Catie's top bunk and pushed the ladder to said bunk onto the floor. She and I spent the next few minutes having the following exchange:

Me: What did you do?

Rosie: I kwime up!

M: How are you going to get down?

R: You hup (help) me!

M: If I help you down, I'm also going to 'help' you leave this room. M'Kay?

R: NONONONO!

M: YESYESYESYES! (spoken as I plucked her from Catie's bunk and plunked her down in the hallway)

Back to Hide and Seek: I did not see DH hide in the bathroom, so I have NOT A CLUE. Halie and Catie tell me that they've looked EVERYWHERE, but cannot find their father. I ask the girls to sit down and wait with me in the living room. Just then, the phone rings. I pick it up and before I can say 'Hello', I hear what sounds like heavy breathing. "Great", I think to myself, and hang up the phone. I had just put down the phone when it rang again. I looked at the Caller ID and saw my DH's cell phone number! I answered, and he hoarsely whispered, "The call is coming from inside the house!" I freaking LOST it!! The girls all wanted to know what had me laughing so hard, but I could not even pause to tell them, it was that funny. Eventually, DH began banging on the door from the inside, and the girls found him.

7 Comments:

Blogger Grandma K said...

Your house sounds like a ball! It's things like this you and your children will remember and cherish!

4:24 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:31 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

It sounds like you all had a fun, fun night! I recently visited my family and I don't think there's anything better than laughing with the people you love!!!

6:43 AM  
Blogger maverick said...

Hello,
I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I stumbled across it while I was looking for diaper cakes to compare to some of the diaper cakes I make. If you get a chance, go to www.diapergifts.com and let me know what you think. I will be coming back to vist your blog often. Good Luck!

10:14 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

Hello,
Great blog...it sounds like your trying to get a handle on things and that is great! Gotta go, I'm looking for a baby cakes for a baby shower I'm going to and I don't know where I'm going to find it. Guess I'll check out www.diapergifts.combaby cakes, I've heard that is a good place to start.

1:57 AM  
Blogger maverick said...

Hello,
Great blog...it sounds like your trying to get a handle on things and that is great! Gotta go, I'm looking for a diaper cakes for a baby shower I'm going to and I don't know where I'm going to find it. Guess I'll check out www.diapergifts.comdiaper cakes, I've heard that is a good place to start.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home