Saturday, July 22, 2006

To my sweet Rose:

I'm so proud of you that after months of stony silence, aside from the standard 'Mama' and 'Dada', you have decided to speak!

I like that you are using the words 'Please' and 'Thank You', as well as 'God bless you' after you hear anyone sneeze (or cough, or clear their throat, or belch, or fart...).

I really wish you had not picked up the word 'No' so easily. I mean, really! As your mom, I rarely ever say the actual word. I prefer to say "That's not for you!" or "That really not safe!" Guess I can blame your big sisters. Finally.

And this fecal fingerpainting thing has GOT. TO. STOP.

Telling me "I poop!" after you've already filled your diaper to capacity seems like a happy alternative to spraying down your bedroom walls with bleach and making me thank your daddy for allowing me to originally paint your bedroom in a finish called 'Kids Paint'. It might have been a tad more expensive, but it's held up well under the eleventy-kajillion times I've had to scour it!

The excitement and genuine affection that you greeted me with when I returned from vacation has more than paid for all the crap I've had to clean up since you've been born.

2 Comments:

Blogger curious servant said...

Thanks for letting me listen in on this little conversation!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jen3 @ Amazing Trips said...

Oy - I feel your pain. Fortunately, our kids haven't taken to "finger painting" per se ... but they are definitely getting quite adept at removing their own diapers. I'm tempted to give everyone a duct tape belt. Really.

Your profile is great. :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home